Mohamed Salah rejects £150m Juve switch, Sadio Mane too
London, June 17, 2019 (AltAfrica)-Reigning African footballer of the year and Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has reportedly rejected a €170m switch to Juventus – but could revisit the situation next summer.
According to a leading UK news website, The Mirror, which runs the story as an exclusive, Juve and Real Madrid were preparing £150m (€170m) bids for Salah.
The newspaper assures the Egyptian will stay as ‘the timing is wrong’ for a departure now but warns he will consider his options next year, with his sights set on ‘one big final pay day’.
Mirror said the turbo-charged forward, who has scored 71 goals in just 104 games for Jurgen Klopp’s side, had been tempted by the prospect of joining the Real Madrid Galaticos and a return to Italy where he played for Roma.
But after helping Liverpool win the Champions League and being feted as an Anfield hero, he feels the timing is wrong to leave Merseyside.
The paper said Manager Klopp was aware of the interest and had been involved in discussions with the club’s hierarchy over the threat of the 26-year-old’s possible departure.
There have also been enquiries from leading continental clubs for Salah’s strike partner Sadio Mane. But like Salah, the Senegalese international has told Liverpool that he is happy to stay.
Both players are now focused on attempting to end what will now be a 30-year wait to win the League championship.
Mohamed Salah though has indicated that he will review his situation next summer as he looks for one big final pay day.