British police hunt five men in the UK suspected of involvement in the Rwandan genocide
London, April 10, 2019 (AltAfrica)-Police in United Kingdom, Scotland Yard police are investigating five men in the UK suspected of involvement in the Rwandan genocide
Cops believe the men orchestrated killings during the 1990s atrocity that saw more than 800,000 people die
Scotland Yard launched a probe after officers from its War Crime Unit visited the African nation following a request from its government
It will review all papers transferred from Rwanda.
The Met said: “Given the complexities involved, this is expected to be protracted and lengthy.”
The High Court has previously said the men could not be extradited over fears they would not get a fair trial for the 1994 horror — which saw 800,000 killed.
The five men, who deny the charges, include Dr Vincent Brown, 59, of Islington, North London.
Another, Celestin Ugirashebuja, 66, of Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex, is said to have organised killings.
Emmanuel Nteziryayo, of Manchester, allegedly distributed weapons
Charles Munyaneza, 61, of Bedford, is said to have led attacks in which thousands died.
And Celestin Mutabaruka, 63, of Ashford, Kent, is suspected of leading a gang of killers.
So far 93 people have been indicted at the UN International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in Tanzania. UK SUN