Ogun Election: Ogun ADC guber candidate, Isiaka congratulates gov elect, Abiodun
London, March 11, 2019 (AltAfrica)-The Ogun state governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, in the Saturday’s election, Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka on Monday congratulates the state governor elect, Prince Dapo Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Prince Isiaka in a statement he personally signed said, “Let me once again congratulate my brother, Prince Dapo Abiodun on his victory at the election. I have put a call through to congratulate him and his wife on the momentous occasion. It is an election and not a do or die affair; for which a victor must emerge. I sincerely wish him well in the huge task of governance”.
The full statement below:
POSTERITY IS THE COMPENSATOR OF EVERY NOBLE EFFORT: I HAVE FOUGHT A GOOD FIGHT
~~ Gboyega Nasir Isiaka
1. On Saturday 9th March, 2019, I contested for the office of Ogun State Governor on the platform of the African Democratic Congress ADC; the third time in a long journey of passionate desire to serve. It is no longer news that INEC has declared a winner and the result must be respected.
2. Let me once again congratulate my brother, Prince Dapo Abiodun on his victory at the election. I have put a call through to congratulate him and his wife on the momentous occasion. It is an election and not a do or die affair; for which a victor must emerge. I sincerely wish him well in the huge task of governance.
3. For me, the aftermath of this election represents a defining moment and we can begin to take relevant stock. The desire to serve Ogun State has never been about self pursuit but the strong will to change a wrong system and make life more meaningful to our people.
4. At huge personal risk, I put myself forward on three consecutive elections with a firm conviction that I and my team have what it takes to substantially elevate socioeconomic welfare of Ogun State and make it greater. To this, we commited ourselves for the last 12 years.
5. This short statement will not attempt to chronicle my experience within these period as I will surely do so in the nearest future; for definitely, I have a lot to share that will enhance the political historiography of Ogun State.
6. Though I am from Ogun West senatorial district and I carried a burden to ensure that the glaring inequality in this state, I consciously pursued a pan-Ogun state agenda; and I am proud of the campaign we ran all through.
7. Let me use this medium to appreciate the people of Ogun State for all the votes I got in this election and the two previous ones. I do not take it for granted and remain eternally grateful. To my core associates that have stayed the length of this course, you all are a pillar I will continue to be beholden.
8. I reserve utmost regard and immeasurable thanks to all my supporters for being so loyal, dedicated and hardworking. The family bond and camaraderie among us was a strong factor for fighting on. From the depth of my heart, I say thank you all. May Almighty God reward your steadfastness and love.
9. Prior to my moving to the ADC, I ran a movement called ‘The Believe Movement’; that promoted values such as delayed gratification, integrity, transparency, shared prosperity and good governance. I will continue to pursue this objective for the good of society.
10. Once again, I thank everyone that has been part of this journey. I urge my people not to feel sad or be despondent at this latest result. I know that posterity is the compensator of every noble effort and for me, I am convinced that we have fought a good fight.
Gboyega Nasir Isiaka (GNI)