50 hospitalised after eating cow bitten by snake
Over 50 people were rushed to various hospitals in South Africa after eating meat from a cow that had reportedly died from a snake bite.
The incident happened at Mpoza ves a cow village outside Tsolo in the Eastern Cape Province.
The province’s department of health spokesperson, Sizwe Kupelo said the patients confirmed they had eaten the meat from the carcass of an animal that had died after being bitten by a snake.
He said the patients experienced diarrhoea, vomiting, headaches and stomach cramps, according to a report by News24.com.