Buhari signs bills to provide Immunity for lawmakers
London, Jan. 26, 2018 (AltAfrika)-Nigeria President, Muhammadu Buhari on Friday signed eight bills recently passed by the National Assembly into law.
Among the bills according to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly matters, Senate, Ita Enang is the Legislative Houses (Power and Privileges) Act 2018.
She added that the Act would strengthen the power of the legislators to carry out their legislative functions without fear of sanction.
Enang who made this known while addressing State Correspondents also said other bills signed include:
1. The National Senior Citizens Center Act, 2018,
2. Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Kingdom of Spain (Domestication and Enforcement ) Act, 2018.
3. Rail Loan (International Bank) (Repeal) Act, 2018
4. Chartered Institute of Project Managers of Nigeria (Establishment) Act, 2018
5 Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration Act, 2018
6. Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (Establishment), Act, 2018.