Suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers kill at least 12 in Nigeria – officials
Borno, Nigeria. Dec. 2, 2017 (AltAfrika)-Suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers have killed at least 12 other people in an attack on a market in the northeast Nigerian town of Biu in Borno state, officials said on Saturday.
Reuters is reporting that eight men and four women have been counted dead so far, said Aliyu Idrisa, a community leader, adding that the blasts struck while aid workers were distributing food to people affected by the eight-year conflict with Boko Haram.
A government official said 15 dead had been recorded at a hospital and 47 people were injured. Officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to speak to media.